Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Morel Mushroom Hunting

Our friends April & Noah took us mushroom hunting with them today. We had never done it before and April grew up going mushroom hunting with her dad, so she was willing to teach us a few things. I was hoping we would find at least one mushroom, but we found 4 large ones and one small one. April & Noah found about double that and were very kind to give us all the mushrooms to take home since they already had a lot at home. Now I have to find a recipe I want to use. I am very excited to try them. We went to Williams Nature Center in Mankato to do our hunting and we saw several other people hunting there as well. April said that in the evenings (after work) the nature center will be crawling with hunters. The only negative thing was that I found another tick on me (just me).

Afterwards, we drove out to Rapidan Dam Park and saw the dam, had lunch at the little cafe there, and finally spent sometime at the playground there. They do have tent camping there for $9/night.

Next time, they will come visit us so that we can show them RBNC.

No comments: