Saturday, July 01, 2006

Last Night

Waaaaaaaaaah!


Crying Baby! I wanted a picture in her jammies in her bassinet, as you can tell, very soon she wil out grow both. This is the largest of her 0-3 month jammies, so I am not sure she can fit in the others. Lately we've been putting her to bed in a onesie & swaddling her (we always swaddle her unless she sleeps with us) as it was too warm for jammies & swaddling. She overheats pretty easily and gets heat rash and we don't want that happening. I've noticed we pretty much cannot take her outside for any length of time once it hits 80 or higher as she will overheat very quickly. I suppose walking her from an a/c house to an a/c car would be ok, but much longer than that and she'll get heat rash.

So, anyways, she was great yesterday (until daddy came home - which I believe is a coincidence.) Then she was doing her 1/2 hour or hour naps, and then staying awake for as long as she just napped and cluster feeding. Then when it was bedtime she wanted nothing to do with it. She's kind hard to figure out sometimes because the same trick doesn't consistently work (usually the breast does, but she had me so drained that wasn't working either.) We were trying everything, feeding by breast, feeding by bottle (she's not taking it again), rocking downstairs, rocking upstairs in a cool, dark room (this often works), walking her around, putting her in the pouch swaddled (this calmed her and she went into a light sleep, but woke up after I took her out - carefully trying not to wake her), swaddling, unswaddling, laying down with her her, laying down & nursing, running a hair dryer (this only temporarily distracted her) & running the vaccuum (this worked to calm her, but once it was turned off she started crying again - that was no good, we needed her to go to sleep.)

Both daddy & I were trying things, finally we tried the breast again and she ate on one side, but would not fall asleep. So, for the other side I took her upstairs and tried in the rocking chair there. She fell asleep, but no sooner did she fall asleep and get put in the bassinett than she woke up and started crying. Bah! Ok - I told her - this is the last thing I can do for you, after that you are going out to the curb. I brought her into bed with us, unswaddled her, and nursed her laying there. She nursed for about a minute and fell asleep. She had to be exhausted after all that. I know we were.

But she slept for 6 hours (11p-5a) and then 3 hours (5:30-8:30a). The night before we had a tough time getting her down, but not this tough. I hope that there is no correlation between sleeping longer periods at night and degree of roughness trying to get her to sleep.

No comments: