Monday, August 07, 2006

Our Families' Dinner

Mommies & Babies
Here is a picture of April & Noah and Isabel & mommy. Noah is 5 weeks older than Isabel. Mommy is looking a little tired here & probably needs some makeup; Isabel is quite tired herself. We had dinner @ April & Jason's house. They made the fabulous grilled porkchops in a blackberry sauce and some broccoli & garlic toast. It was very good. We were in charge of beverages (brought some Henry Weinhard's beer and these mango margarita cocktails - can't remember what they were called) and dessert (brought a chocolate mousse cheesecake from Harry & David, then topped with fresh mashed strawberriesd and finally topped with chocolate Cool Whip. Get that chocolate cool whip - it is awesome on it's own. It's like a light chocolate mousse.)

Kallen Poses

Kallen (their oldest, obviously) was patiently waiting for someone to take his picture, so Isabel's daddy took one of him. He is almost 3 1/2 years old.

Tired Baby.

She would just not fall asleep & stay asleep while we were there, although she slept most of the way home (they live about an hour away from us.) And then after we got home she cluster-fed for 2 hours and completly wiped mom out. When it's an hour and a half I can handle it and do some things after I out her to bed, but when she gets over 1.5 hours and heads towards 2 hours she just completly drains me. I went to bed right when she did.

Speaking of bedtime.....she has been sleeping through the night (they say that is 5 hours or more in a row) for about 2 weeks now. Usually it's about 6 hours for her long stretch. It'll take it. I'm a little jealous that Noah sleeps the entire night and April gets that uninterrupted sleep. But I am just happy she is sleeping 5+ hours. Sometime she throws in a 7+ hour night there.

2 comments:

McBean said...

I think she looks like her mom in that picture above too. She has parts of both of you. People seem to think I look like my mom 50% of the time and my dad 50% of the time. I think it just depends who you're asking.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Yes, she does kinda look lie me - but maybe that is because we are both tired looking.