Thursday, November 02, 2006

Almost Sitting Up By Self

She can now sit up with just the little bit of assistance from a boppy around her rear. So, she'll be sitting on her own anyday now. She was having fun playing with an old favorite in a new way.

Tomorrow, Kendra & Tim are flying in from Philly to visit with us and meet Isabel. We are excited to introduce Isabel to them. They are dear friends of ours. We have been managing to see them once a year by taking turns visiting each other. This year it was their turn to come here, next year we go there to visit. What is also nice is daddy has family that live there as well, so we get to visit them too.

You want to know something funny. Isabel doesn't poop at daycare. At least not since she started solids, which is almost 2 months ago now. The other day I was home with her and she pooped twice during the hours she would have been at daycare and then the other days she poops sometime in the evening or before I take her to daycare, and on Saturdays she poops 3 times a day. Why 3 times? I don't know, but that has been her pattern. I don't know why she poops at daycare. The last time that I believe she pooped at daycare was when I brought her home with a dirty diaper & changed it, but for all I know she could have pooped in the short car ride home. So, I don't know - can a 5 1/2 month old control when she poops? If so, maybe potty training will be a little easier when we come to that.

It's kinda funny watching her poop. She stops whatever she is doing and gets a peculiar expression on her face and sometimes her face starts to turn red. If she's really pushing she grunts and puffs out her cheeks and holds her breath (or at least it seems like she does) ans sometimes she shakes a little. It makes me giggle sometimes. I betcha daddy poops like that too.

Her outfit today is from KO. It has all the hearts embroidered on the overalls. Very cute.

1 comment:

Drea said...

We have that same piano :-)