Sunday, November 19, 2006

Long Weekend

Not sure who's more tired...

It's been a long, long weekend around here. This is Daddy typing here... Mommy explained how sick Isabel was down below, but didn't get into how incredibly cranky she was. On Saturday, she basically whined from about 2pm - 1am. She wouldn't take any naps, and had to be held for the entire day. We had to trade her back and forth for an hour at a time. Thankfully she fell asleep at 1am and only got up at 4am to feed before waking for good at 7:30.

Today has been off and on. She's been going between cranky and her usual cheerful self. I'm crossing my fingers for a much earlier bedtime tonight.

We each managed to get in little naps today, so that helps.

The pictures above and below are a bit of a rarity. Isabel NEVER falls asleep for me. She insists on being nursed down, and without functional mammaries, I have been unable to replicate the situation (please no more "Meet the Parents" jokes). Today she woke up from her nap, so I picked her up so mommy could keep napping. After walking around for a while, I thought I'd try sitting down with her so I could watch the Vikings lose (again).

Amazingly enough, she fell asleep after just a couple minutes of whining.


Daddy's lap: Good for cats AND babies

After a little while, the kitties came in. Apparently they sensed what a good pillow I'd make and decided to join in. Everyone around was sleeping... but me. Being a daddy is tough!

No comments: