Friday, August 29, 2008

Washing the Driveway

Well, while daddy was busy cutting in the paint in the playroom, we came outside to paint the driveway with water. Isabel wanted to do some painting and we weren't about to give her latex paint. I gave her a couple of big brushes and a small roller brush. She was thrilled. I painted her name and was trying to take a picture quick of her by it before it dried.

We painted the playroom an aqua color. Yesterday I had taken down the wallpaper border & primed the walls. I was really hoping to have gotten to that sooner, but that was where we stored everything I packed last summer and there was A LOT packed in there. So, daddy started the cutting in and I went down and helped while she napped and now it is all finished. I will try to get a picture of her in it this weekend.


I would draw things on the driveway with chalk and she took it as her job to "wash" it all off. I asked her if she wanted to walk to the mailbox with me and put letters in there (which she normally loves) but she responded, "No mommy, I want to wash." I guess next time I want my floors mopped I will just have to draw on the floors and she will wash the floors for me.

On a completed unrelated note, we've been doing cloth diapers. I figured I had bought them before she was born and we did the cloth thing for about 2 weeks and then put them aside. So, I decided I was sick of buying diapers and thought it might help when we start the heavy-duty potty training, which it seems to because now after she pees she is saying she peed and is starting to want to be changed right away. I don't do cloth at night though because it just doesn't absorb enough.

We don't have much planned for this weekend, which is ok. There are a couple things we may go do, like go to Oxbow park for Children's Zoo Hour tomorrow and we might go hiking at River Bend Nature Center and we'll probably go to church. The only real thing we have planned is to go have cocktails with our neighbors on their deck tomorrow after naptime. I miss sitting on their deck having cocktails. As much as I miss our friends in WI & daddy misses his job, we are glad to be back.

No comments: