- Her art teacher & classmates picked a picture of hers to go on the art cart that goes in to each classroom with the art teacher, so everyone gets to see it.
- She got a certificate from a 6th grader for being a "Hallway Hero" for walking nicely in the hallway (if you have ever been in a school hallway, you know that sometimes there is running & shoving & it's crowded).
- And the book she is holding is AR level 1.8. She will take her next test tomorrow. Up to this point she has taken & passed 5 1.6 levels with 100% and 5 1.7 levels with 100% and now has moved to 1.8. She is very excited to get that 2nd grade reading level in the next month. After tomorrow's test she will have taken 6 tests this month. The goal is 8, but at 10 she gets a prize. I bet you can guess how many she plans to do.
So, that was today, let's tell you about the last 5 weeks of school too:
- She has passed her weekly spelling tests with 100% each week (not without practice though, we do a run through of her reading the words, then a verbal test and 2 practice tests at home)
- She knows all her weekly sight words, no practice needed, she just knows them!
- She has gotten 100%, A+ & the desired "cowboy star" (basically all three mean the same thing, but they seem to appear each time on a big test) on all her math tests.
- She also received a ribbon at the elementary school assembly. It was for being a good classroom leader and friend (one person in a class gets one whenever they give them.) I wish I could have been there to see her face, a friend was there and said she was so surprised.
- She has gotten 8 tickets that are put in to a drawing (they stay in there until they are picked) for doing good/helpful things in the class and she did get her name drawn out once.
- And she was one of 3 kids in her class to turn in their summer reading sheets and go to the assembly and won a prize there
Let's hope the rest of the year continues to be so great for her. She is a very smart girl, but she also works very hard to keep improving. I am very proud of her.