Saturday, March 01, 2008

93 Weeks Old

Well, this afternoon I got a lot done while Isabel napped & stayed home and played with daddy. I ran a bunch of errands and one of the places I went to was Think, Play, Learn to buy her this M&D Shape Sorting Clock. They have a special going on this week of 30% off everything in the store, and if you bring in a coupon from the paper you get an extra 5% off. So, I got the clock for 35% off.

I think this is really going to help her learn her numbers. We played with it quite a bit already and she can put the shapes into the correct spots very easily. I did find out that she knows most of her numbers through 12, but just can't say them yet. But when asked to point to them she got most of them correct. So, now we will work on saying them and accurately identifying all of them. It will also be another way to help her learn her colors. We were working on them this morning with this small abacus I got her. She's got yellow & blue down pat and I think she pretty much knows green. So, we have a ways to go on colors. But she can only learn so much at once.

Daddy is gone to a Bucks game right now. He is out with some people he works with. They were doing dinner at some Irish Pub and then the game and probably drinks afterwards. He should have a good time. Isabel & I treated ourselves to dinner at McDonald's. We were there for 1.5 hours. She had such a blast playing in the climber slide thing. There were a lot of older kids there (she was the youngest), but they were mostly patient and she held her own ground. She had a half a cheeseburger & a whole fruit & yogurt parfait. I had a Southwestern Chicken Salad w/ just salsa on top - no dressing (man, those things are tasty) and apple slices (since she only ate one of them). So, I think we ate as healthy as we could for McDonald's. We both always have water.

Well, it's bathtime now.

No comments: