Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Tuesday
Well, I've gotten a little behind on posting pictures and text. This is a picture from today. She is listening to her first computer software game as it tells her what to do. I bought her "Clifford The Big Red Dog Phonics" from Think, Play, Learn. Up until this point we only played stuff online and I thought with our upcoming trip to MN we will need to play something on the laptop that does not require internet access. So, we gave it a whirl. It's pretty good, but they talk to much for her. She would rather be interacting more.

Today, we pretty much hung around the house except for going to the Y for my yoga class.

Monday

Yesterday we went to the Y in the morning for my Spinning class and then we stayed and played in the playroom with Mary & Ben. During the afternoon, we met some from our playgroup at the Retzer Nature Center.

Her latest thing now is to come grab one of our hands and bring us to where she wants us (i.e. get a snack, turn Peep on, play a puzzle with her, etc.)

I am trying out some ideas in this book, The Complete Resource Book for Toddler & Twos, as ideas of things to do with Isabel to teach her a specifi theme/idea. I checked it out from the library and plan to use it for a few weeks to see if it is worth making a purchase. I do think it is and I think I may get it, but I wanted to try it out a bit and make sure the choices/activities were do-able and not cost-prohibitive. I randomly chose "Round" as the theme/topic for this week, hence her playing in a basket full of balls. We've also been singing "Round & Round the Garden" (which wasn't in the book, but it was the first thing that popped into my head with that theme and it works so well) and reading "Goodnight Moon" and a The Silly Book of Shapes (plus other books) and doing different activities with balls and pointing out things that are round.


Saturday

Well, I guess the weekend part starts on Friday. On Friday we met some friends at the Children's Play Gallery. We stayed there and played fo 2 hours, then came home for lunch & a nap. Then had a snack and went to Lucy, Luanne & Henry's house to bring them food . We ended up staying htere about 2 hours playing. Then we went back to CPG (since it is a day pass you can come & go) for anotehr 2 hours. Friday was ALL ABOUT PLAY! While we were there, there was a birthday party going on for 2 boys of a lady in Newcomer's Club that mom knows. She was kind to let us crash the party and invited us to have pizza, juice & cake with them. It was sure yummy!

On Saturday, Auntie Phanie came for a visit in the morning. Auntie Phanie, mommy & Isabel went to the Ben Franklin in town to make & take craft time. Since it is National Craft Month they have free make & take crafts on Saturdays in March. We were there to make a Easter Pom Pom Chick. It turned out cute. The picture above is one from that. I cropped myself out because I thought I looked like a dork. Besides, people are reading this blog about Isabel, not mommy.

Saturday afternoon, I left with my friend Carrie for a Girls Overnight to the Chicago area. There was dinner, drinks, dancing, & a hotel. Sounds like a nice romantic evening. Anyways, Isabel got to stay home with daddy for 24 hours. This was the first time I was not there overnight with Isabel & to see her first thing in the morning. And it went just fine. Although, I sure did miss that little girl, even though I did have a lot of fun.

Tomorrow we plan to go to the library for storytime & then meet our playgroup at Gymlingo for our private open gym. She had a ton of fun last time and exhausted herself and took a nice nap that day.

No comments: