Saturday, July 12, 2008

Friday Pictures

These are some pictures from yesterday. This is her new backpack. She likes that it has buckles on the front. She is really into buckling things lately. We bought this at a rummage sale and it is in excellent condition. It has pockets on both sides for water bottles, which is why I like it because when the two of us go places we can have both of our drinks easily available. Daddy suggested we get a backpack to use with the umbrella stroller a friend gave us (as ours had the seat rip) and it doesn't have the basket in the bottom like ours did (which was awesome), so now we have to backpack it. Doesn't she look so little with that backpack on?
I had read in numerous places about letting kids paint with water. Honestly, I thought it was a bunch of hooey. Why would a kid be entertained by using water to paint? Seems pointless when a kid has perfectly good paints to use. But on a whim yesterday afternoon I thought I would grab a paint brush and gift it to her. It kept her busy for a good 15 minutes, which is great for a toddler. She didn't seem to bore of it. I guess I was wrong. She had fun and so I guess we will paint with water more often.
Isabel just loves popcorn. I know kids are supposed to wait until 4 years old to have it (choking hazard with the hulls, I guess.) Anyways, a friend was babysitting her and didn't know about the 4-year recommendation and gave Isabel popcorn. She loved it. So, now we have popcorn as a snack often. Isabel will say, "I love corn!" She's so passive-aggressive, she never says " Can I have corn? or I want corn!" It's always "I love corn (or fill-in with whatever it is that she wants.)"
After dinner last night I gave her some chocolate pudding. Yes, I know the last 3 series of pictures all have in her suit. She was outside going in & out of the pool for 2 hours Anyways, she does a good job getting herself messy when she eats. We have not taught her to eat like a little lady yet. Daddy bathed her in the kiddie pool afterward to clean off the pudding. After that we went to Books & Co. for their pajama party storytime. That was a nice time. Then we came home and she played her new computer game with daddy and mommy read her more stories. She was a very silly girl last night.

No comments: