Thursday, May 10, 2007

New Stuff

I haven't really typed much the past few days. I just haven't had time and haven't taken any pictures either.

Anyways, Isabel was home with daddy today since daycare was closed and she did a fantastic job. Currently, she is being weaned from breastmilk to whole milk. We're doing it one bottle at a time (well, she only drinks whole milk from a cup, but replacing one bottle of breastmilk.) By this time next week she should be only drinking whole milk, water & juice during daycare. Breastmilk will only be 3 times a day and I will start to phase those out as well. I love not pumping at work. I stopped pumping last week Thursday (was my last time.) And now I only bring my surplus from the freezer to daycare for her.

A new thing she does (well, at least we just noticed it in the last week) is she lets us know when she is done eating her meals and doesn't want anymore. She will throw her hands up in the air and take them down and say "All duh" (or all done.) I would always ask her if she was all done and she must have caught on. I think I must do something with my hands. I am pretty sure I bring them up as you do when you ask a question and I say All done? It's just neat to watch her anyways.

Today I was working with her learning about sorting shapes. So, she might get into that now. She is huge into repetition. She loves The Okay Book by Todd Parr. I picked it up from the library. She giggles everytime we pick it up and start reading it to her. She will grab it and have us read it to her anywhere from 5-12 times a day. She also loves The Very Hungry Catepillar by Eric Carle. We read that a lot too, but not as much as The Okay Book.

I've been reading "Happiest Toddler on the Block" and it separates the kids into three types and also into age groups. Isabel is very much a Cautious child. Most of the ideas it gives is stuff we do with her already, but it is nice to know that we are responding to her in an effective manner. I think we are pretty in tune to her and her needs and have found ways to communicate with each other. Isabel very much like routine and we keep the routine for her, which is one of the things it suggests. I've also been reading The Toddler's Busy Book that Skye gave me and the last couple days we've been singing songs from it. There are a lot of great ideas in that book.

Another things Isabel likes to do it try putting her toys in new places, as if the works is full of different containers. She does have some routine to what she does with some. At bathtime she takes this yellow cup and puts a small turtle in it, then put a small yellow bowl in next. The bowl just happens to fit perfectly. Daddy was telling me she does this while I gave her a bth last night (usually he has been giving them to her) and as he told me she started doing it.

What else....Hmmm....she is pretty much in all 18 month clothes now. There are a few 12 month stragglers in bottoms, but that's it. It has been hitting 80+ the past few days and it is nice to see that she does not break out into a heatrash when it's over 80 degrees like she did last summer.

No comments: