Monday, June 11, 2007

First Day of Summer with Mommy

Well, not just the summer......I'll be staying home with her after we figure out what's next for us. I don't know how long I'll stay home with her or whether or not I will stay home FT or PT with her, but I really want to be home with her.

Although this first day was not the greatest, as both mommy & daddy have pink eye. We were both taking her leftover drops and they are working great and fast for mommy, but not so fast for daddy. He got some other drops and also some anitbiotics for his sinus infection (which I think I have one too.) We all went with daddy to the Dr., which in hinesight was not wise as the doctor was slow getting to us, but she did fall asleep in the car as we were leaving from getting groceries & prescriptions and stayed asleep as I brought her in and into her crib (which she has never done before). She took a nice 2.5 hour long nap and woke up all happy & giggly. Then she had some fruit for a snack and we went outside to swim in the pool, play on the cube, and go on the swing. Fun times. Right now she is playing with daddy.

She did crawl all the way from the bottom of the steps to the landing and up the next small set of steps to the guest room. She was very proud of herself for doing that. She was pretty serious the whole time she was crawling (I was right behind her) and hardly cracked a smile until she got to the very top and then was all giggly and couldn't stop smiling.

Tonight we gave her the last little bit of her chocolate bunny from Easter. I her little bits about once a week. This time I didn't break up the piece and just gave her what was left and her eyes got all big and she got all smiley. She knows what chocolate is and loves it, can you blame her.

No comments: