Thursday, September 20, 2007

Busy Week

Well, it has been a busy week this week. The above picture was taken at a playdate at Betty Brinn's Children's Museum in Milwaukee. I only took a few pictures there and am afraid I didn't take really good pictures and I haven't taken any other photos the past few days. Maybe I will try to take some today.

So, Tuesday we had a playdate with Sophia & her mom Miriam. They just relocated here as well for Harley, but they came from Atlanta. They are both very sweet and I am glad I met Miriam on Milwaukeemoms. We were there for almost 2 hours and had a lot of fun. The cool thing is that they give your BOGO Free admission if you have AAA. Way to put my membership to use. And parking was cheap too. It cost is $9 for admission & parking.

Yesterday, we went to storytime at the local library. Someone had told me it was kind of dreary and it was. The content of the storytime was great and was active and at a fast pace for 1 & 2 year olds, but it was just in a meeting/confrence room. I think next week we are going to try storytime at a different nearby library.

Then yesterday afternoon, we drove to Glendale, where one of mommy's friends from high school lives. She has two little boys, Logan & Evan. It was a long drive for a playdate, but we had fun.

Today, Isabel is 16 months old. Guess I should take a picture then. We went to a rummage sale this morning, but we didn't find much. There are some more I saw advertised on craigslist for tomorrow that I think we will go to before we go to our moms&tots event. We also have lunch playdate with Noah & his mom Michelle. Mommy met Michelle on Milwaukeemoms too and they recently relocated. Us relocationers (is that a word?) need to stick together. And this afternoon, we might head over to Delafield to a park there for a Meetup.com playdate.

There are different meetup groups on there and you can join them and attend some playgroups. So, this would be the first one for this group. It only looks like a few people will be attending, but that's ok.

We have not scheduled many playdates for next week because I am waiting to see when my sister has her baby. We plan to go stay with grams & gramps for a few days, but if she goes way over her due date (she's due today!) then we might be there & gone before she has the baby.

So, that is what we have been up to.

No comments: