Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Long Day

It started out relaxed and by 9:30 it became a whirl-wind. I got a call from a realtor's office about a showing for 11am. I wasn't going to turn down a showing, but I certainly wasn't prepared for it (since I needed to sweep, mop, vaccum, dust our whole house, plus open all the shades and turn on all the lights and with 5000+ sq feet, it's not a quick job) - plus I still needed to shower.

Anyways, I called neighbor Mary and asked for help and she & her friend came over for an hour and helped. I am really going to miss our neighbors here. Daddy & I always said that was one of the draws to staying living in our house was that we had so many great neighbors that we knew we could count on - they are like an extension of our family. Daddy already says it is weird that he doesn't talk to and see one of the neighbors as often and kinda misses it.

Anyways, we got the house cleaned and onto Isabel's doctor appt. She got 3 shots and was a trooper about it all. BTW - the showing went great and they loved it, but they still need to sell their house and don't want to do a contingent offer in case someone else comes along w/o contingency.

After lunch, mommy's college friend Kristin & her little girl Kayleigh came over for a visit. Even though Isabel slept through much of the visit, she did wake up at the end.

Then we ran to Bath & Body works to buy some thank you gifts for Mary & her friend. We bought Isabel some bubble bath - she picked it out - and a back massager. I thought it would be fun to rub her back with it, she thinks it tickles but does like it and will go get it and give it to me. Then we dropped those off.

Supper time was next, then we went to a wake for the grandpa of one of Isabel's little friends and FIL of mommy's friend. Isabel had never been to a wake. We didn't stay long, we just wanted to stop there and tell them we were sorry. Isabel was nice & quiet the whole time.

Then mommy's friend Linda came over for a walk with her two kids, Morgan & Nick. Morgan was along to play with Isabel, she at that age where she likes babies and is probably thinking about wanting to babysit in a few years. Initally, all Isabel wanted to do was play with sticks, but finally she warmed up enough that she would let Morgan carry her and got on the equiptment with her.

I still haven't eaten supper yet, so pizza ranch is on their way. I was talking on the phone with daddy while Isabel ate hers.

Sometyimes I am amazed at how much I can do with Isabel in a day and even more amazed at how well she handles being so busy. Tomorrow we just have a walking playdate to a park with Carrie & Gavin. Saturday we are having a BBQ for our neighbors, kinda a last goodbye to them, and Sunday we move.

No comments: