Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Only a Few More Days....

We were super busy today and Iasbel was pretty good about it all. We had a bunch of errands to run and when I say bunch, I mean it. We filled up w/ gas, picked up medical records, went to the library, stopped @ the passport office and got the form & mommy's picture taken (mine expires in a couple months), picked up her portraits, went grocery shopping and finally went to uhaul to reserve that for this weekend. Ok - that was just this morning. This afternoon we visited a couple of neighbors, went to the post office, and went to Mc Donald's. We were supposed to have a playdate, but that didn't happen so we stayed and ate and played and had a fun time.

I try to order somewhat healthy when we go. We ate veggie before we left and when we got there we had our cheese burgers and share some apple slices (they sell those separate from the kids meals) and a fruit & yogurt parfait.


The rest of our week will be busy, but not so filled with errands. Tomorrow morning we are going to her old daycare to play with the kids and say our goodbyes. And in the afternoon we have a playdate with some friends at a park. Hopefully it is not too hot & sticky outside for that.

Yesterday night, Isabel & I went to the Indoor waterpark for one last time. She was more than excited. We lucked out because starting today they were closed for 2 weeks for their annual cleaning & maintenance. Daddy so lovingly pointed out that we were there on the dirtiest day of the year then. Ewww....gross.....

She is starting to do even more sign language now. She does the signs for bath, swim, finished (all done), and eat. She understands others, but hasn't done them herself yet. Today we were playing "Where's baby's tummy?" And she pointed to it today (well, actually rubbed her belly like I do when I play the game), she hasn't gotten the other body parts right yet, but we're working on it.

1 comment:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

I posted something about McD's once in my blog. I go there sometimes, usually in the winter so that my girls can play in a different environment. I always feel so stinkin' guilty about the food. I've found that I feel much better when I buy a grilled chicken sandwich and cut the chicken up. They sell whole wheat buns there, so it works out a little better. My kids don't love nuggets and don't care much for burgers, so they appreciate it too.