Saturday, June 07, 2008

This Week (Tu & Th)

Isabel has a bunch of her videos with, so it feels a little like home here at the resort. She slept pretty good last night, but every other night this week she woke up several times either screaming or crying. This transition time is kinda hard on her. I went to the Y to workout yesterday and she was balling & clinging to my leg when I brought her to kidcare. She has not cried in about 6 months or more. It's a good thing we are here for another week, so that things can feel a little normal for a bit. I just wish that house would sell. It breaks my heart that my little girl has to feel stressed.
Rachael came over to play all day on Tuesday and Thursday this week. They have a great time playing with each other and get along so well. Rachael & her mommy came on Monday to go swimming with us and also came yesterday afternoon with both her mommy & daddy to go swimming with us. Isabel loves swimming with the pool noodle. She uses is as a horse and ride it around the pool & mommy gets a good workout from that. Today we are going to go get her life jacket out of storage because she tries to be too independent in the pool and she is just not tall enough to stand anywhere but at the stairs.
They kept riding down the slide together and would laugh hysterically. They are both silly girls. Yesterday in the pool, Rachael gave her a hug on the stairs and Isabel hugged her back and said "I love you" and they they were giggling & hugging away. It was very sweet.


I taught Isabel a new way to swing that she can do herself. So, she loves it. She wants to be so independent sometimes, but she just can't do everything (or it's not safe) to do it by herself. So, I am starting to experience some power struggles with that. She sits on a big girl swing just fine now and holds on well. I give her a little push and then I can't push anymore because she wants to be a big girl. She is trying to learn how to pump with her legs. Swinging on her belly is something she can do by herself without mom's help.


They really likes this horse swing because they could both be on it at the same time and Rachael could use her legs in the stirrup part to help push and keep it swinging. (Less pushing for mommy!, Actually, Rachael would tell me to get them started and then to let go because they could do it themselves.)

1 comment:

DONUSHKA said...

I haven't looked at her pictures in a couple weeks (vacation) and I swear she grew since then.
Jesus!
Anyway, while I was laid up a few hours, (having a stinger fished out of my leg) I created this new blog.
Very important information and links on it.
Stay tuned.
TTFN