Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Isabel's Third Birthday Party

It's unbelieveable that she is three years old already. I can't believe how fast time has flown; it makes me so glad that I stay home with her so that I can spend as much time with her as possible.

This morning we gave her a bike for her birthday right after she woke up (see bottom picture) and it's too big for her. I had her try out a bunch of 16" bikes at Fleet Farm, Target & Wal-Mart but ordered this one on Amazon and it's too big. She needs to be about a 1/2-1" taller. So, she won't be able to ride it until this fall probably. I think I will keep my eye out for a 12" one at a rummage sale this summer (not that I go to many, but the city-wide ones are coming up next month, or maybe I could ask my MIL to watch for one when she goes.)

Then we went to the gym for mommy's yoga class. We brought a container of juice & bag of colored goldfish & little cups to kid kare at the gym so she could share treats with all the kids there for her birthday. She was very excited to be able to share that with everyone there and very proud she brought treats.

The above picture is of the birthday cookie I made for her. We will have cake this weekend when we have a party with family, so I like to do something different for her friend party.

Here are her friends that come. I try to do the # of years you are is how may friends you get, but when it's a daytime party with SAHM's you get siblings as well, so it ends up being 3 friends plus siblings. Her friends that came were Amelia, Sadie, & Casey (all three years old too) and her little friends Dani & Gavin.

We had lunch of pizza from Papa Murphy's, veggies & dip, chips, bananas, animals crackers, juice & the birthday cookie.

We have nasty winds here today, so we played outside for a little bit. We ended up blowing up the bounce house inside for the kids to use. Good thing we have a big place. And we blew up a bunch of balloons. It amazes me how much kids love balloons. It brings hours of enjoyment (or until whenever they pop.)


Her friends were very generous and brought her some very wonderful presents. Thank you!



Here are a variety of other pictures that didn't really fit in any other collage. You can see her (in her jammies) with her bike, the poster & colored picture I made for her, a picture on the deck on the way to the gym this morning, and one of the gifts she got. I had never seen anything like this (Tickle Monster) before and thought it was just fantastic. They are fuzzy "mittens" with finger holes so that you can tickle your child as you read the story. Lately, Isabel has been into monsters (not afraid of them) and mommy is usually the tickle monster (which this is perfect for) or the mommy monster (which smothers her with kisses.) She is always the baby monster.
Tonight, we plan to go out to Applebee's for supper as a family and we have a couple other small gifts for her.




No comments: