Monday, May 11, 2009

Productive Day

We had a pretty productive day. We started out at the gym for mommy's yoga class. Then went to Wal-Greens to buy 4 packages of diapers (they have BOGO free this week, you can buy more than 4, since I am stocking up ahead of time I just buy a few packages each time a deal like this comes along -- hopefully I will be saving money in the long run, which considering I am buying them at half price, I should be good as long as I don't overbuy on a particular size).

Then we came home and did a little work outside, a little trimming, spreading grass clippings on the garden, pulling some weeds in the wildflower garden, planted some new seeds in the wildflower garden (which over the past 2 years has become more wild and less flower), washed 2 loads of clothes & hung them on the clothesline, filled up the bird feeders & hung a couple more.

Then this afternoon we drove to Northfield (it's a half hour away, so I usually just make a monthly trip) to go to Menard's & Just Food Co-op. The picture above is from the co-op. We stock up on their monthly specials on organic food. Isabel decided to try out the child-size grocery carts they have there. Finally, we came home and unpacked everything and I planted the geranium flwoer plant and Hungarian Wax pepper plants we bought. I use those to make salsa. And I made a pot of homemade chicken vegetable noodle soup and am serving that with some breadsticks I bought at the co-op. I want to get a few more things planted yet tonight, I have some pation tomatoes that need planting as well as some cilantro, although I am not sure it's quite warm enough yet for the cilantro.

1 comment:

Phanie said...

cute picture of Bel.