Friday, May 08, 2009

Number Chart

I just made this today, actually while Isabel was still sleeping. We have been working on her learning her numbers up to 20, she's got to 14 fine now but she still likes to skip over 15 and 17. So, I thought something visual would be better. Plus, then she can learn to identify all the numbers  by sight rather than just knowing how to count them. So, hopefully this helps. 

What I used was a box of flashcards (bought last year in the Target dollar section and never used until now) that went 1-25 (actually, they included one zero card, but it wouldn't fit and she knows zero already so it's not a big deal), a piece of poster board (I bought last fall during back to school sales for 4/$1), some leftover doublestick tape (just to adhere the cards in place to make it eaier to apply the contact paper), and clear contact paper (which I already had, I use this alot when I do educational projects for her since it can make things waterproof & marker/crayon proof, but you can pick this up at Target for about $3/ roll and it will last you a long time.)

I suppose you wouldn't have to use the contact paper if you had the flashcards adhered well enough. And I suppose you could use the flashcards just as flashcards or just tape them to the wall

Actually, there were 2 sets of cards in the box, so if anyone wants to make this for their child that is reading this, let me know and I will give them to you. Let me kniow.

No comments: