Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Narrowing the List

Ok -- we have decided it is much easier to pick out a boy's name than a girl's name. We did pick out lists for both, as there is always a chance it could be a boy yet, the doctor sid he was 99% sure it was a girl.

Anyways, for the boy names we like all 3 of these names and would use them as either a first or middle name:
Isaac
Henry
Rhys

Now, girl names are a little harder for us. We chose hardly any names off our original list. Here is what we have for girl FIRST NAMES:
Isabel
Ella
Zoe
Kendra

And for girl MIDDLE NAMES:
Ana
Eva/Ava
Emma
Isabel

Isabel was my late grandmother's middle name and it is important to me that we use that name. The daddy gets to give the kid his last name and I want a family name to pass on as well. It's only fair isn't it?

A couple of other things about names we picked out, Ana is the name of our sister-in-law who lives in Spain, and Kendra is a dear friend of ours (we would probably not have thought of it if I had not have had that dream -- is that a sign?) Zoe, Ella, Eva/Ava, & Emma have not significance (yet!)

So, what do you think? Let's take a poll.

10 comments:

Lame Shrill Owl said...

It was so much easier to pick out a boy's name.......it's hard to decide on the girl's name.

Watch - we'll completly decde on something we never considered when we actually see her.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Yes, the last name will only be Miller. My last name will be dropped for the children.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

We had also previously talked about Oliver as a middle name for a boy. We had really liked that. Not sure if we are considering that, as we forgot about it.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

I hadn't realized that that Zoe is also the name of the orange character on Seasame Street. I don't know what kind of character she is - I might have to watch it after work to check it out.

Mom of Two said...

MIL has placed her vote for Emma Isabel, even though she knows it isn't exactly the order we were looking at.

Mom of Two said...

We were originally thinking Emma as a first name, but it is WAY too popular. And with a common last name I don't think we want the first name to be too common too.

Tim said...

Ok, Tim here..I'm going with Ella as a first name.

Which makes it difficult becasue a middle name that also starts with a soft vowel is a little tough to pull off...

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Jeni - it worked just fine. Sorry you had troubles with blogger. It gets easier over time.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

My friend @ work who is pregnant has decided on are Grace Jane & Charlie David.

Mom of Two said...

FROM MIL (Sent to me in email):
As I don't have a blog, I will have to vote on baby's name this way. I know I didn't follow the first name and middle name choices exactly but I like: Emma Isabel. Did you know that Isabel is Ana's sister's name? (the one that was at the wedding).