Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wednesday, July 11th

After she got dressed this morning, we went in the office and he was sitting on the chair (actually, he is there again now.) She kept trying to pet him and finally I sat her next to him and she decided he made a good pillow. I didn't let her do it for to long because I knew he wouldn't stay there too long. She was mad at me when I took her away from her Larry pillow.

I am taking her into the Dr. today. We have an appt. this afternoon. She is teething and the diarrea she has is normal for that, but she is not digesting food very well, so the nurse said we needed to bring her in for that. Her poop is just awful, it's all loose and chunky and has this awful sulfer smell. Yuck!


Poor kitty is just trying to sleep. She is more & more interested in the cats every day. She has taken to trying to chase Lucy around, but Isabel's not fast a enough and she's loud about it, so Lucy gets a warning and runs away.

On Monday afternoon, the three of us went swimming at Lake Kohlmeier. It is a nice clear lake that has a lot of baby fish swimming around in it. We learned that if you don't keep moving they will come and try to eat you. Daddy & I both learned that. It was a good hot afternoon for swimming. Yesterday we just hung around at home. Isabel helped me pick apples from the tree that is rip in July. Actually, I would pick them and give her some and she would put them in the bucket. I tried to heave her help me pick weeds from the flower beds, but she didn't much care for riding in the wheelbarrow.

Just playing with her blocks. The middle blocks I didn't have all the letters so I just did Bel, but you can hardly see the raised letters on those blocks. She kept trying to push the blocks off of the places I had them when I was taking pictures. She's a goof. She thinks it's her job to knock down things I build. She will just sit there and wait for me to stack some blocks and then she will just swoop in and knock them down before I have a chance to get many in the stack.

We're doing ok and changing her schedule to fit what our lifestyle has been changed to, with mom staying him with her and daddy working. She's taking an AM nap and a PM nap, but they have been shifted because we moved her bedtime to 7:30 from 6:30. I think we've been working on that for a month now. Sometimes she still will go to bed earlier if she is really cranky. So, now she will get up a little later, which makes breakfast a little later, and naps a little later, and lunch a little later, and supper a little later, and bedtime a little later. So, when daddy starts his new job, we can all still eat dinner together and she can play with her before bedtime.

She is weaning herself from nursing. She only nurses when she wakes up and right before bed. She cut out the naptime nursing herself. And she doesn't nurse to sleep anymore; she hasn't for several months. All on her own she will detach from nursing and I'll put her down awake and she will fall asleep on her own - which is nice.

No comments: