Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Things I Found Interesting in Parents Mag June Issue

  1. Tattoo You Child in Case they get lost. (They are temporary!)
  2. The Potty Caddy -- Very cute, kinda funny. Check out the names of some of the "mags" they get.
  3. The New Car Seat Rule that recommends being rear-facing until 36 inches and 30-35 pounds. What?!?!?! When we turned Isabel around at a year she was already spreading her legs bow-legged to sit rear-facing. At about 3 feet, but under 30 pounds, where would she be putting those legs of hers?
  4. Computer games for autistic children, check out Teachtown.com and Popcap.com (they recommend Bejewled 2 or Chuzzle on here.)
  5. 50 Free Prints at PictureWagon (code: PAERNT50), but just as nice is that 4x6 prints are normally 5 cents print. I have used winkflash.com in the past, but their prints are 8 cents a piece now. Although, you only save money with picture wagon if you buying at least 20 pictures because of shipping costs. If you order under 20 prints you could end up paying more because of shipping. Although, it might be as cost effective to order from Wal-greens or Wal-Mart and just pick it up at the store when you go. I haven't done digital print comparisons in a while, so you might need to do some research.
  6. Change your AA battery into a C or D battery. This I thought was a great idea. And they are rechargeable too. Look at the Power Pack or Travel Pack. Apprently you can buy this at Costco, although I don't have a membership there.

Not sure if any of this is of interest to anyone, but it peaked my interest. Kinda wish I had one of those blogs where I got money everytime someone clicked on a link from here, but I don't.

No comments: