Saturday, May 03, 2008

Playing Catch Up (Again)

Well, we've been busy and I haven't been taking pictures, so posts have been slow. We've been busy with playdates, going to the Y, & walking. Since it is finally nice enough to walk outside there is a bunch of us in Newcomers that have started walking together, which is very nice. We got her 2 year portrait done the other day. I was hoping to have those pictures in for when we have family here for a birthday party, but the date they gave was a few days after. So, here's hoping they come in early!

I got out the other evening with some of the ladies from the club for our wine group and we went to the Coffee Vault for their wine night on Thursday night. We found out they do storytime on Tuesday mornings, so we are going to check that out in a couple weeks (next week Tuesday we can't as we are having birthday playgroup for Noah & Isabel who both turn 2 this month.)

In other news, dadd was in a little accident last night. I purposefully tried to bury that in here as I didn't want to freak anyone out. He was wearing full protective gear (it's a good thing he convinced me that it was a good idea to buy everything) so he was covered head-to-toe and didn't get any road rash. He was turning and didn't see a patch of gravel and lost control. He has a fractured radial head, so his arm is in a sling for 4-6 weeks and as long as that heal properly that will be it. Without the sling, you wouldn't know (by looking at him) that anything happened. He has some pain killers, which he seemed to like taking last night.

Isabel was such a trooper through going to pick up daddy & bring him to the ER and staying there & then waiting to get his prescription. She didn't get to bed until 10:15pm last night, so I hope she stays asleep a little longer today. We had some book in the car that I brought in with us and I had a small tape measure in my purse I gave her play with, which brought many minutes of enjoyment and measuring. She had never really seen/played with one before, so it was new & exciting to her.

This afternoon we plan to go to church & then out to eat with our friends who introduced up to that church and tomorrow we are babyssing for some friends. Next week is another week of playgroups, playdates, going to the Y, & walks. But we also have Isabel's 2nd dental appointment. We're a little past the 6 month mark for her checkup, but we're fine. I called yesterday to schedule her 2 year well child exam and ended up having to wait until July 2nd, although I did ask them to call if something opens sooner. She's just fine, but I would rather keep it closer to her birthday.

I will take pictures today and post them. I am on my last 3 Saturdays of weekly pictures. My plan was to do that for the first two years and assemble them in a photo album that godmother Jessi gave us. I acually have the first year assembled, but since we moved here I have not done any picture sorting, but I did take all the pictures and have had prints made of about half of this second year (I think.) I am not sure what I will do after that....weekly is pretty intense and if I ever have another child I need to be able to keep up. I was thinking a monthly picture, and by that I don't mean a picture from that month, but a picture on the 20th of every month even if she is crying, crabby or covered in mud -- that's the picture for that month. I may even get into scrapbooking for this -- but I don't know yet.

Oh - and if you think my weekly (it was weekly on a Saturday because she was born on a Saturday) or monthly (on the 20th of every month) is a little strange or even perhaps, anal. Well, then knowing that I have her birthday parties starting at 10:21 (her birth time) might put you over the edge. I don't know what I'll do if I have another child and they are born at 2am, so I'll just have to figure something cleaver out in that case because I am certainly not inviting everyone over at 2am.

Don't confuse by all my "if I have another child" references to be giving you a clue. I did got in to the gyno's office this week and got my next dosage.....so there is nothing that we know that you don't know.

3 comments:

Tim said...

I hope Andy recovers quickly! How's the bike?

Mom of Two said...

The bike isn't too bad. It's missing one of the foot pegs and has some scratches, but otherwise it's fine & runs correctly.

Phanie said...

Glad to here Andy is doing ok...the medical bills such though...at least it's early enough in the year that you'll get to benefit from the 90% for other things once meeting the deductible.

This is exactly the reason I refuse to even think about letting Jason get a bike.