Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gymnastics Class


Today was the last day of this session and they handed out ribbons to the kids. When Isabel got hers she whispered to me "It's exactly what I wished for." I found that hilarious that she said that. I am not sure that we're going to keep doing classes at this center anymore. I am less & less impressed with this instructor and the other instructor for this age group doesn't have any room in her classes. So, I am still debating what I want to do. We can start going to the center in the town to the south of us. It costs more than the other place and they don't have the big in-ground trampolines that Isabel loves. We already go there for open gym. The HUGE positive that the "new" place would offer is that they offer classes on a variety of days/times rather than lumping them on the same 2 days. So, we have more flexibility in our choices and they will work both now & next fall when she starts preschool (the current place might not work at all in the fall if we can't get into the full classes). So, I need to think about this.
The current place is better competitively (for when she gets older, so we could always switch back if it works with our schedule), but she probably going to be too tall to really have it be a competitive sport for her, but I could be wrong. We just like it for now because she has gained a lot of self confidence from the class and it has really helped her develop her gross motor skills.
But now that she is three, there will be other classes we can consider for her that she might like too, like Dance & Tae Kwon Do. I don't plan on putting her in too many sports, so we'll just have to see.
On the way home from class today she says, "Balloon, ba, ba, ba, Balloon, B" I asked her "Balloon, B?" And she says, "Yes, Balloon starts with B." So, that started us playing the "What Does It Start With Game?" She amazes me sometimes.

No comments: