Thursday, August 09, 2007

Being a Student



I bought this little desk, which is an actual antique small child's desk, to use as decoration several years ago. When I no longer wanted to use it I decided I would keep it for our children. I had my own antique child's desk, but it is for a much older child and this would be one to use inthe meantime. She loves when I give her things to sit on that are her size. I took it out because I thought it would be a great place to have her color, rather than having her sit on my lap. I didn't want to put her in her highchair, which I could have done too.

She is defintily enjoying coloring more each time we do it. She loves choosing which color she wants next. Although today she thought she would see what the orange & blue taste like - they don't taste very good.


Today we went to check out the new Mom's Club in the area. Although, on the way there we talked to daddy and found out that our application was accepted for our temporary housing (9 month lake house rental), so turns out that we won't be around this area much longer to really join the club. Although, since we were on our way and Carrie & Gavin were going too we thought we would see what it was like because I would like to join one in our new location. The ladies all seemed very nice and I think it will be a nice group. Tomorrow they are going to a nearby waterpark that we have not been too yet, but it all depends upon Isabel's nap schedule. She is starting to transition away from 2 naps to only 1 nap, but somedays she still needs 2 and others she needs 1.
I also made her do some more walking for me. Today it was 9 steps. Usually when I try she just takes 1-2 steps and plops down and crawls.

4 comments:

Drea said...

awe shes growing up even more. soon she'll be running and climbing up and down slides the wrong way! goes so fast

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

I wish I had a desk like that for my girls. We have a little table where they can sit and work on crafts and color, but this desk is so pretty as well as functional. I'm envious!!!! I would have loved this when I was a child.

Mom of Two said...

She does seem to like it. She did some more coloring today.

Mom of Two said...

One of her favorite thing is to climb up the slides the wrong way.