Monday, August 13, 2007

Funny Little Story

Well, at least I thought it was funny.

Isabel was playing nicely by herself in the playroom while I swept & mopped and kitchen floor. Then, along comes Lucy and sits in the middle of the kitchen, who Isabel loves to try & chase. Isabel takes after her only to slide off of her hands the instant she touches the kitchen floor and Lucy takes off out of sight. Not sure what's going on, Isabel keeps slipping & sliding & falling until she gets to the middle of the kitchen where Lucy was. Then looks at me at the other end with my mop bucket, tries to crawl some more and completly wipes out. Well, now she has no cat to chase and is frustrated with wiping out. She whines to me, but I am not tracking anything across my newly mopped floor. She figures out how to shimmey across in a way that she doesn't fall anymore and gets to the point where I can reach her and slide her the rest of the way to pick her up. I think she was thoroughly confused about what was happening.

No comments: