Monday, August 06, 2007

The Ride Home Monday


So, you read about our stop at the Ripon park, and our 2nd stop was at a wayside near Sparta, WI. It was an adequate wayside with plenty of picnic tables and a little trail that went up a hill into a wooded area and overlooks the highway. We walked up there. I made Isabel walk up a few steps, but then after a while she didn't want to walk anymore so I carried her the rest of the way up and found a place to watch the cars and for her to play with leaves and grass. We had a nice picnic on one of the tables there too.
Once we got home she was really tired because she only took one nap (after I wore her out at the park in Ripon), but she was so excited to be home and see her animals that she had to put off the nap for 40 minutes, but when I finally did put her down she protested for maybe 30 seconds and then completly zonked until I woke her up for supper.
She was very glad to see her cats and dog and was squeling with delight at them. Lucy even tolerated her and approached her because Lucy was in need of affection and petting. But as I type this, Larry is annoying me because he too is in need of affection and petting. I have a feeling my sleep will be very disturbed tonight.

No comments: