Thursday, February 23, 2006

Daycare Update

Well, I got the list from Rebecca and turns out I had most the names on there already. Only 3 other names I didn't have and one of them quit doing daycare, another doesn't have room, and another I left a message for.

So, looks like just the 4 choices I had already. We've done home interviews on 3 of the 4 and have ruled out one. Her references didn't check out the greatest and things seemed a little off with her anyways. The others are still in contention and I'm checking their references and licenses.

I saw the list of daycares in Owatonna and of the ones that are part of the food program, there has to be about 110-125 on that list. But there are many more people in Owatonna than our little town I figure there is a daycare for every 80 people in our town, and a daycare for every 125 people in Owatonna. So, we have more daycares per capita (like you cared to know all that info).

We still have one home interview to do yet (on the 4th one), so I think by the end of next week we will have a decision and can get our spot held.

3 comments:

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Got a call back from the county....all have current licenses in good standing....no citations...but one had some complaints that were corrected....even complaints concern me....she gets bumped down the list.....Sunday we do the home interview with the final one....she teaches the kids spanish (2 short lessons a day), which we like the idea of....but the other one we are leaning towards was a teacher and has a curriculum that she teaches them as well.....

both the 2 that we are probably still considering cost the same, but more than the other 2, but it's worth it to us to pay the extra and get quality care and learning for our child.

Mom of Two said...

Turns out our number one spot (as of recent) was just taken by a mom who already has a kid there.

So, we'll still see how this other one goes this week. We liked alot about her too, we had just not done the home interviwe so we didn't "really" put her in the running yet. This one we see this week does Spanish lessons for the kids, which we think would be nice.

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Found another 1 that has an opening, but her phone interview didn't go well......I'm becoming seasoned at the phone interview and what to ask and what to listen for, and she just did not make my standards......

Found a different one that make have an opening, but doesn't know yet......he is under the allowed number of infants/toddlers, but she has a full house with older kids, so she is at her capacity, she's waiting tosee if some parents decide to put their kids in kindergarten (all day) this year or do another year of pre-school (which is part days & not every day). And she doesn't know when the parents will decide on that.....

I may have to start calling in the neighboring town (the town I work in) and see what I come up with there.....

I just like options.