Friday, March 06, 2009

Glimpse of Spring

It was just shy of 50 degrees for a high here today and the sun was shining all morning & into the afternoon, until we decided to go to the park. It would peak out every once in a while.

Anyways, I woke her up from her nap & asked her if she wanted to go to the park and she was so excited and asked if we could ride bike. Luckily there was still air in the tires, so we could. It was nice to go for a little bike ride. We met our friends Caitlin, Amelia, & Gavin there. When they re-built our park they were smart about it and built up the play area, so it was not muddy. Then we came home and played in the driveway & yard. We were outside for a total of 3 hours. And then later (after we cae back from going to a fish fry) we played tag by the porch light and garage lights for about 20 minutes.

Isabel loves playing tag these days. She also learned how to play Red Light, Green Light and started teaching her a very basic version of Simon Says (just the simon says part, no leaving it out & trying to trick a person.)

Lately she has been helping me figuring out what she is saying by empasizing a letter. An example: she told me "let's sing the clown song" and I said, "the clown song?" And she says, "No! ClouD....duh, duh, duh, D, cloud" She has done that several times and it just amazes me when she sounds out the letter I am mistaking and tells me what letter it is. Seriously, if she isn't reading words already she probably will be. I try to see if she can red words or just memorizes every book we read to her, but I can't tell. She tells me she doesn't know what a word I point to is, but I'm not so sure. She's the type that studies things until she can perfect it and then all of a sudden does it and you are just amazed.

No comments: