Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby Disagreements

Well, Isabel is not exactly thrilled so far that she is having a baby brother. First of all, she REALLY wants mommy to have 2 babies (even though I have been telling her from the beginning there is only ONE in there.) Personally, I blame Dora for this predictament. Dora's mami had twins, a brother & a sister and Isabel always tells me "I want a brother and a sister!"

Today, we had a little heart to heart about the fact that there was only one baby in there. She seemed to understand that, but then wanted that one baby to be a sister and started yelling at me, "I WANT A SISTER! I WANT A SISTER NOW! Give me a sister NOW, MOMMY!"

We had to change the topic. She was clearly not happy we are having a boy. I tried telling her that she could play with her friend Gavin's sister and Gavin could play with her brother. That wasn't good enough. It's a good thing we have 20 more weeks for the idea of a brother to sink in & become acceptable.

1 comment:

Phanie said...

too funny. Good luck with that.