Thursday, December 08, 2005

Cold Remedies?

So, what cold remedies can I take being pregnant? My head is all stuffed up and my nose is constantly running. I will have to get out my books and see what they say.

I normally would take some echinacea and I read a bunch of articles that say taking it is NOT linked to birth defects or any issues with birthing. Right now it's just been head cold stuff and I do't want it to get worse.

On a positive note, the doctor called yesterday to tell me my results were negative from my quad-screen, which is good. So, no further testing is needed to look for a bunch of stuff, like down syndrome spinal bifida, trisomy 18, etc. Out of all the number he rattled off at me, the one that had the biggest risk was down syndrome and I have less that a quarter of 1 percent (.23% chance to be exact) of having a baby with down syndrome. The rest were even less that that (like 1 in 5000 and 1 in 1000, etc.)

Ok - that's it.

I do have to say that I impressed that the doctor called again. I have had a good experience with this doctor. Sometimes it's a pain when you have to talk to the nurse and she can't answer questions you have and had to check with the doctor and get back to you. So, phone communication directly from im has been nice.

No comments: