Thursday, April 20, 2006

Baby Shower #2

Now, I know I said I only wanted one (due to the abundance of unnecessary bridal showers I had.) This 2nd one was from daddy's co-workers. They had a "Happy Shour". Daddy really wanted to do this and I stepped back and thought about how this wasn't just about me (& the baby), it was about us and if he wanted a shower for him, then there shall be one.

So, that was tonight. It was actually a joint shower with another co-worker whose wife is also pregnant and due around the same time as us.

We received a lot of really nice gifts. We did get the high chair we really wanted. And we got Target gc from Jerrod & Heidi that we will use towards getting one of the two car seats. I am going to go pick one up tomorrow after work so that we can install it this weekend and already have that taken care of. The car seat was really the only things we had to have yet. I pretty much have us covered on everything else for quite a while. So, once we get the carseat we are ready (physically) for the baby.

Even though I wasn't drinking, I forgot how nice it was to go out for Happy Hour after work. There hasn't really been any of that this year since myself (& another who usually did the happy hour thing) are pregnant this year. We'll have to get back into that again when I go back to work. The only thing is down here most places allow smoking, where in the Cities most places people would go for a happy hour are smoke-free (which I prefer.) I don't miss the smoke, but hanging out & having a drink once in a while is missed.

1 comment:

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Oh - you know what I found funny at the Shour - I think some of his co-workers think we live way out in the uncivilized boonies. I think they must have grown up in the Cities and have never really ventured anywhere that was not a metropolis.

BTW - we only live an hour from Mpls, 40 minutes from the southern suburbs.

There were some people really concerned about where we would deliver the baby. I kinda felt like telling them that daddy would have to deliver at home since it was so far away to a hospital (yes, 7 miles away is pretty far :) )

Some were also unsure where daddy & I go out to eat and think we must have to drive to the Cities or to Rochester to find a restaurant.

I think we should invite his co-workers down (well, some of these have been down for daddy's computer parties), but the others....

I imagine them thinking all we do is pick berries in the woods, go fishing, or whatever else we need to do to forage for food.

I just find it humourous, that's all.