Thursday, April 20, 2006

She Thinks I'm Cuuuuuttteee!

Do you remember that line in the Christmas cartoon special of Rudolph? When Clarice tell Rudloph she thinks he's cute and then he starts jumping all over the place and flies around and impresses everyone.

Well, that was the thought that was going through my head tonight when some of the daddy's co-workers told me I looked cute. I always wanted to be that cute pregnant lady, not a big fat tub-a-lard (Daddy thinks that's a funny sounding descriptor and laughs when I say it.)

I had made a point of going out and buying some maternity clothes that were well-fitted so that they would hug my womanly pregnant curves. Don't get me wrong, I do have some of the big tent t-shirts. But I never get compliments when I wear those. I get compliments when I wear stuff that fits and makes me look pregnant rather than fat.

Now, these ladies had no reason that they even had to acknowledge what I was wearing or what I looked like. So, I really appreciated it and it made me feel good. Actually, when I was at work today I had received a couple of comments as well. I do like this stage of pregnancy better, as far as dressing is concerned, because there is no mistaking that I am pregnant.

A lot of people have also been telling me that I am "small" for my stage of pregnancy. But I am measuring right where I am supposed to and I am weighing right where I am supposed to. So, I don't worry if people think I am "small", as the doctor is not concerned about anything, so why should I be. But I like being told I am "small" I don't think anyone has EVER told me I was small. And my stomach has never been so rock solid before either. Maybe I could just be perma-pregnant.

Actually, I think the reason that people say I am small is because I basically look like me with a pregnant belly and slightly wider hips (supposedly due to joints spreading and is supposedly to go back to normal after birth.) But I have not gained all sorts of weight like some people do. It kinda drives me nuts when people tell me I should eat more *crap* because I am pregnant and am eating for two. It feels to me like they want me to get all huge & fat. No one tells me to eat some more carrots or another pear. It's "have a piece of cake", "want some candy", "eat some chips", or "oh, take two because you are eating for two."

Yes, I have eaten plenty of *crap*, I am in no way restricting myself. But I was not going to let myself balloon out and risk having all sorts of issues because I wanted to eat everything. I did that one month and gained WAY too much weight in that one month.

The daddy said I shouldn't say too loudly how much I have gained at the shower tonight, as I may be strangled. But I am proud of myself for eating healthy. I didn't use pregnancy as an excuse to eat anything & everything. I could have, and would have eaten even more ice cream than I have. But I make sure I am getting enough fruits & veggies & whole grains. I'm a label reader and need to take care of my body and of my baby.

Ok - off my soap box. This really wasn't supposed to be a long rant post. It was simply just to brag that some ladies said nice things to me and it made my day.

No comments: