Monday, April 10, 2006

End of Week 34 Pictures

Sunday marked the start of week 35 and these were taken on Saturday (after the baby shower, which I will blog about later, as I have pictures but have not uploaded those yet.) These are pictures taken my my dear friend Jessi. She took these at our place in the backyard.

The first one you see is obviously the actually belly shot. Look at that round glorious belly. People ask if I am ok with them touching it & I appreciate them asking. I always thought I would hate it because I have never really liked how my belly looked without clothes on. But it's different once it's all filled up with baby. My stomach has never been so hard before. Better let them touch it now, because later it is going to be all soft and squishy again and they won't be allowed to touch it. My sisters & Jessi were very excited to feel the baby move. They would sit there and be patient (well, as patient as they could be, Steph was poking her to get her moving.) It was really very sweet.

This next one is of me & the proud daddy. He's pretty exicted about becoming a dad. I really appreciate that he shares feelings with me & I can with him, about this pregnancy & everything else. Sometimes he has to be a smart-ass in front of others, but he is very into becoming a dad. He has some of his co-workers throwing a shower for us in about a week & a half. He's pretty happy that they want to do that for us. You should see daddy with the baby toys. He's having so much fun playing with them. I am afraid that someday the kids will come running to me saying, "Mom, dad is playing with my toys and won't share."

And finally, the last picture of just of me. Not finally like At last, but finally like this is the last one. So, it's just me holding that glorious pregnant belly. After watching some episodes of Yummy Mummy and having them glorify dressing nicely (& not all frumpy & fat-looking) I decided to go out & buy some new tops that would hug that beautiful belly (they also really give lots of compliments to the pregnany belly). So, this is one of them.


I picked up a few tops & some very nice fitting jeans and have been getting compliments on them, even from the kids I work with who don't give compliments easily. I figure I better enjoy the compliments while they come, because later on when the belly is soft & squishy I am just not going to get them.

1 comment:

Lame Shrill Owl said...

Thanks Kendra.

If you are concerend about clashing, there are pictures of the nursery somewhere on this blog (I think in February.) But I wouldn't worry about it.

We do have a mobile, but clothes (especially if they are bigger ones, like 12 or 18 months) are always great. I have so much stuff for the first 9 months that she could probably wear a new outfit everyday and not repeat any (although I am aware that I will probably change her 4-5 times a day.)

And blankets will always have a use.....or maybe there is some toy there you like that looks safe for a baby....

although you need to be careful about size since you do have to bring it back with you....

you must have not had the same drink that us 3 ladies had....I know I had a mohito for sure (as it was my first time trying one)....and probably a bloody mary or a rum & coke....maybe it was the mohito......or maybe it was in the salmon....did you have any of that?