Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Funny Baby

Pink Bunnies for Everyone!

She was standing, but those pictures didn't look as nice. She kept thrusting her hips forward as she stood, not sure what that was about. She must have realized that she can move her hips on her own while she stands. I suppose that is a good thing because then she will hopefully start picking up her hips more when she's on her tummy.

At last night's class they kids did oatmeal play, just as it sounds, dry oatmeal in a pie tin. She seemed to like it and was grabbing the oatmeal and dropping it and rubbing her hands in it. I just read today that when you want to let you baby play in a sandbox, but are afraid they will eat the sand, then fill the bottom with some cornmeal.

She starting to learn how to play in the bathtub. She likes kicking the water and trying to catch it as I pour it. She doesn't splash much yet with her hands, but that will come. Right now she just tries to gather toys in to her in order to be able to pick them up and eat them.

Today's outfit is a Funny Bunny onesie and pink pants with a ruffled bottom from KO. The sweater is one we've seen her wear a bunch of times. I dress her in layers, just as I dress myself. Then it is always easier to be prepared for any type of temperature. She has a little barrette in her hair; it's a pink bunny. Isn't it cute. I hadn't actually planned that out. After she was dressed I decided that she need a hairpiece and I looked to see what I had. This is actually something that I had growing up.

She was in such a good mood this morning. She wasn't interested in eating, more interested in playing & talking. It was good for daddy to get some happy baby time in with her today.

I think tomorrow after work I plan to take her to the County Public Health Family Clinic to get a 5 month weight for her. I can't make the newborn clinic now that I am back at work, so we'll try the family clinic. It's free, so that's cool. And it has a longer time every week that also includes time after I am done with work, so that's very cool.

No other plans this week or this weekend. So, we are right back into ur normal routine, which is good for her. She really likes keeping routine. It keeps her happy, and if baby is happy then we are more likely to be happy.

No comments: