Sunday, October 29, 2006

Playing in the Nude

Sputtering Nude
Yes, the funny expression is because she is sputtering. I decided to let her play nude. She thinks it is fun.

It was a hard night & morning for me. She got me up 5 times -- yes, 5 TIMES! And finally on the 6th time she wanted to stay up because it was 5am. I knew she was going to want to get up then, since her internal clock doesn't know we put the clocks back an hour. It should be an interesting day. Maybe I can get an extra little nap out of her because of it. (*wishful thinking*)

The thing that sucks about those 5 times is that I had to do them. Daddy would have, but she just starts screaming when he comes in at night. Personally, I think he goes in and pinches her to make her cry so mommy has to come in and mommy just decides is best that mommy always goes in. She didn't want to nurse all those times, just be held. I tried shhhh! her back to sleep with my hand on her belly, but she got more upset until I picked up up. When she wakes up at night, it seems being held by mom is all she wants, which is ok once a night, maybe twice a night, but 5 times is exhausting!

Grabbing Feet Nude

It's so much easier to play with your feet when you don't have a diaper on. She was just loving it.

Yesterday, daddy fed her breastmilk out of a cup. I had noticed when we take a bath she is always trying to drink the water out of the dish I use to pour warm water on her. So, then I brought smaller dishes/bowls into the bath for her to play with, and what do you know, she was trying to drink the water, although she hasn't quite figured out how to hold it ad tip it herself. So, I told daddy to try feeding her from a cup (actually, he used the same small dish she was using in the tub) and he was able to feed her. He also tried feeding her with a bottle ans she didn't want any of that. He's going to try the cup again today. Mommy is pretty excited that daddy can feed her milk now and not just solids. Maybe this will mean mommy can get out a little bit, and not just to work when Isabel is at daycare.

Today Grandma & Grandps M. are coming to visit. I'll wait to take pictures of Isabel all dressed up today until I take pictures of her with them. They bought her the outfit she is wearing. It's a 6-9mo. outfit and the top fits great, the pants length is great, but the belly is a little big. Good thing she has a diaper on, otherwise it would slide right off.

No comments: