Thursday, October 05, 2006

I Should Just Take the Pictures

So, I just got back from taking Isabel to the portrait studio @ Wal-Mart. Not as unpleasant as JC Penney, but still no walk in the park. And I'm beginning to think that she just will not smile for other people.

So, at Wal-Mart they require you to do one shot (the first shot, but this can re-done until you like one, but once you delete it, it's gone) for the promotional package and then you are required to do at least 6 other poses, not shots - poses. So, the person needs to change positions 6 times. And they don't allow any crying baby shots, so we couldn't just have her in different poses and be crying. Also, they want the baby looking at the camera everytime too. So, those are the rules. They have other ppictrues & packages they try to push on you, but they don't really push too hard; they are merely suggestions that they tell you about.

So far the most pleasant experience was having Skye come here, even though Isabel wouldn't smile for her either.

Daddy has never really taken her picture, so I don't know if he could get her to smile for the camera. So, there might not be any pictures of me with her in which she is smiling.

I have portraits of me when I was 17 weeks & 5 months (these pictures for her are right in between those two) and I am all smiley. Actually, a very similar smile to the ones I take of Isabel.

The pictures are ready to be picked up in 3 weeks. If I would have just went last week like I was planning I would have had them to bring back to WI for my family. Now I'll have to send them again. I'll scan in a picture when we get them, but for now I will take a picture of the outfit (she's already out of it and getting ready for bed.)

No comments: