Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

I am SOooooooo Not an Angel!

She got me up 3 times last night, but at least the longest time was 10 minutes. But her final wakeup time was 5:15, even though she went to bed later because of class. I wonder if getting up that early was because of the time change or teething.

Class last night was ok. The kids part was about physical floor play & not putting kids into "containers" ALL the time. By containers they meant swings & playpens & cribs & exercausers (you get the idea.) You can still put kids in them, but some parents put their kids in them too much and never hold them and don't allow much for free physical play. The adult part was about flat head. They had a Physical Therapist from the hospital there to talk about it, what to look for and how to correct it and then she looked at our babies' heads. She said Isabel has a beautiful round head.


Earning Her Wings

She seems to like this outfit/costume. She likes picking up the skirt and sticking it in her mouth and playing with it. It's a good way to keep her busy hands occupied. I wasn't sure if this would fit her because it seemed an inch longer than the bumblebee outfit, but it must be cut different so that when it's on her it fits great. It's a size 9 months.

gfn (I typed this.)

I let her bang on the keys of the keyboard when we are on the computer. She likes it.

I sang her a couple of new songs today -- She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain and the Oscar Meyer Weiner Song. I had to look up the additional verses to SBCRTM, and you know what I found -- all the songs I found had the first 3 verses the same, but there are many different versions of the remaining verses. The one I put a link to is the version I had learned. On Top of Spaghetti is a song I tried to sing to her yesterday but I couldn't remember past the second verse.

1 comment:

Drea said...

Love the wings :-)
Heres the answer to your question:

~ Isabels Mommy,
Caleb got his first teeth late. I believe he was 7 months if not 8 months before he got a tooth.
This is late from what I hear.
But once he got one tooth they all came in. By 11 months old he had all 16 teeth!
It was insane.
He was a champ though and it didnt really affect him much...
I didnt even have to use any Baby teething gels or anything...

I do recall him getting a bit fussy at times and waking up in the middle of the night... but nothing unusual.

His teething got bad when he got his two year molars in (about a month ago). During those he would get up in the middle of the night (like 11pm, and then 2am) wanting me to hold him.

So maybe Isabels going through that with these 1st set.
Some kids do better than others.... The only "relief" I can give you is that it will pass fairly quickly. :-)