Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Visit from Grandma & Grandpa M.

Grandpa M.
Today Grandpa & Grandma came to visit. They are daddy's parents. (Mommy's parents are Grams & Gramps.) This is Isabel with Grandpa. He makes funny sounds and faces like daddy does, but not quite as silly as daddy.
Grandma M.

This is Isabel with Grandma. She had been waiting a long time for a girl in the family. Daddy was supposed (hoped) to be a girl, but he ended up being the 4th boy. Isabel has two boy cousins. Today she is wearing an outfit Grandma bought from Toys'r'us; it has ballerinas on the front.

Isabel seemed to have fun showing them how to use her toys. She needed to warm up to them a bit, as it had been a while since she had seen them. She has a picture of them in her "Who Loves Baby" book, but I don't think she made the connection. Actually, she probably just looks at herself in the pictures and ignores the others who are with her. She likes to look at pictures of herself.

Tomorrow is the Halloween party for daycare and also for our ECFE class, so she will have a couple of places to wear her costume. I have to go into work super early (an urgent matter just came up & I need to be there @ 7am), so I don't know if I will get a picture taken (& on here) before I go.

We had to work all day to stretch out that hour we gained. I hope it worked and she is on schedule. As an adult, I love gaining that extra hour, but as a parent -- well, it just screws things up. She got a little fussy at times because I was trying to get her back on schedule, when her body was on a different schedule. Luckily, it was bath night and that helped stretch it out that last little bit. She seems to forget about being hungry & tired if she takes a bath.

Daddy and I have now finally figured out how to make that "after" bathtime more pleasant and free of crying (or at least minimal). Well, first I get the space heaters going in both her bedroom and in the bathroom to make them both nice & toasty. Then when it's time to get out, daddy comes to get her. But before he takes her I dry off her face & hair with a handtowel while she is still in the bath (she doesn't mind it much when she is still in the water) and then daddy wraps her in this new super soft towel I bought her and brings her to her room and talks to her while he gets her dressed and then mommy comes in after she gets dressed to help finish up. It's quite a process, but it works and she has been tear free the last 3 times -- so we're not going to screw with it.


1 comment:

Mom of Two said...

I think she looks a lot like me in the picture of Grandma holding her.