Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hooray for School!

Isabel likes to open & close pages of the board books. It's a good place to start to develop a good relationship with books. Plus, I read to her every day (at least one book) while I nurse her in the morning. Sometimes I get another book or two in there. She likes to study the pictures sometimes.

Today she came into work with me (I work in a school) for a couple hours. She did a fantastic job there. There was a panel of 7 moms & babies of different developmental stages. She shared her toys and was chatty. She only fussed a little, but then I rocked her to sleep amd she stayed asleep until the kids clapped. After that she went to daycare. I think the Child Development class we went into is a good class, especially since they had actual parents with infants there to talk about their experiences. I still think there were a lot of starry-eyed girls in those classes who think babies are cute and want one, like now, but hopefully they realize how serious becoming a parent is. There was one 16-student there with her child, as well as a 19-year old who had to put college on hold after a semester, and a mom who got remarried and had a baby after having children who are now almost adults, plus a few of us around 30 that had jobs and husbands and went to college, and then had a baby after we did that stuff. So, it was a good mix of moms.

Tomorrow is a long day at daycare for her as mom has a meeting after work, but then Thursday - Sunday she's with me all the time.

You know - whoever said that laughter is contagious must have had a baby. Because I can start laughing and she just joins in, even though she has no idea what we are laughing at. She just thinks laughing is fun. Now, yawns -- when do those become contagious, but that doesn't seem to be catchy for her yet.

1 comment:

Mom of Two said...

Today's outfit is a pink velour number from KO and paired with a bib tat mommy's friend Jill bought from TCP.