Friday, November 10, 2006

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!

So, Who Are These People?
This week I have been reading her Christmas books with pictures of Santa in them and saying "Ho, ho, ho. Merry Christmas!" She laughs & smiles when I get to the Merry Christmas part. I sound comical when I say it.

I bought her little outfit at a rummage sale this past summer. It has a snowman on it ans says Baby's First Christmas. I am glad I gt to put it on her once at least, although I am afraid she will probably have outgrown it by Christmas time.


No Tears or Cries.

People told me taking her to see Santa would make her cry. Which is exactly what I was trying to avoid by taking her to the first Santa of the season. Stranger anxiety is just starting and I figure by Christmas she would probably be crying if she had to sit on Santa's lap. But no cries or tears, no smiles either. Santa said he was surprised she didn't cry. We got there right at the start, so we only had to wait behind a couple people to visit Santa.

She was pretty overwhelmed by the whole store & everything, that Santa didn't much phase her. Mommy got her candy cane. Mmmmmm.

I also used this shopping cart cover & restraint I bought off of eBay. That worked out great. I felt good about having her sitting in the seat and didn't work that she would fall out or anything. Plus it had a couple toys on it, but she much preferred the linker-doos I gave her to hold. Usually she rides in a Snugli on my chest, but she is starting to get a little heavy, so I thought I would try this out.

Santa, I Want a Pony.


Check out my cute little ponytail that a girl at daycare put in my hair. There was no school today, so the big kids were all there.

She may get to meet Santa again if we go to the ECFE holiday party, which Santa will be at. But that isn't until the middle of December. We may just go for a little bit, as I think daddy would like to see her with Santa.

Today, we got a big snow that left everything white. Daddy & I brought her outside this morning to see what she would think and she just looked aruond with an expression that said, "What the hell happened here?" Then I left her grab some snow with her bare hand and she just opened her eyes real big and made a surpised "O" look. It was very cute.

No comments: