Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Garage Kitty


This is our garage kitty (for the time being). We saw our neighbor kid come over and stick it in our bushes. The kitty went around the house to practically every door trying to find a way in. So after hearing it profusely mewing, I went out & took it into the indoor/outdoor garage dog kennel and stuck it in there with food & water. It lives there now, won't Molly be surprised when she comes home at the end of the month. Our town only has a dog catcher, so I called the neighboring town's animal control and they said they only work within their city limits and to call the Cty Humane Society, which I did and they are a foster home based program and said they didn't have a foster home for the cat but would try to find one. They never called me back. Now I am going to have to call the neighboring county Humane Society (who has a building) and see if they will take it. It's such a nice kitty, so playful & energetic. But we just can't have another cat. Larry already has enough personality for seven cats and is big enough to be two cats, plus we have Lucy & our dog Molly. So, if anyone out there that is nearby wants this kitty, let me know. I did put up Found signs, but turns out there are other Found signs out there that have the same cat description on them. Poor kitty.

1 comment:

Mom of Two said...

Our Cty HS called back and said they had no foster homes and to call 2 other HS's. So, I called the next nearest Cty HS and they said they don't take in strays from our Cty. I asked them "Even though your website says no animal turned away and that you serve your cty & nearby areas, is that a lie?" His response, "Yes, for strays in your Cty it is." And then I kinda heard the riot act about how their Cty got in trouble with our Cty for taking in our strays before.

I don't need this crap. I was just trying to do something good.

Anyways, the cat got away and I don't know where it is now anyways. I put out food just in case inside the now open kennel.