Thursday, September 18, 2008

The New Arts & Crafts Room

Since the drumset was sold, this room was just being used for storage. It is a small windowless room in the basement. You can see 2 of the corners in here, the other corners have an easel in one and a cabinet (filled with supplies) in another.

So, we did some painting & stamping today and then some coloring. That antique wooden desk was mine when I was a kid (not original to me, of course!) The seat says "Miranda Sit" on it. I have a hunch that Auntie Phanie wrote that on there. She has a little table & chair to use to do painting at and play with play-doh. I bought the foam puzzle mat from Target so that it will hopefully be an easier cleanup on that than on the carpet. I also put up a couple of double hooks to hang her smock and old t-shirts for painting. And then on the wall you can see how I repurposed some items to make it a place to hang her artwork. I was going to make something like my friend Lori has in her basement for the girls, but I don't think I really need it since I have the cabinet to use to store everything.

Isabel is loving it in there. Now we can get messy and then I can close the door on it if I don't want her to go in there and play. It will be a fun room to use.

No comments: