Monday, September 29, 2008

Ins & Thrus


Last night for supper, we went to the A&W Drive-in. You don't see a whole lot of drive-ins around these days. We made a picnic out of it and went and sat in the back of the Suburban. So that was kinda fun. Afterwards we went through the drive-thru at Dairy Queen for some cones. They don't have it on their menu board, but if you ask, many of them have Kiddie Cones. Isabel loved it because this was the first time she got a cone to herself and didn't have to share with mommy. Plus she had never eaten the cone before. She giggled when she started eating the cone. It was cute.
We also saw a big hot air balloon in the sky as we were driving there and could see it at the drie-in for a while. Isabel thought that was kind of neat.
"It's too big/fat" is one of Isabel's new things she says. She has been practicing putting things in stuff or getting in things or whatever and if it doesdn't fit she says "It's too big", sometimes it's fat. I know she is learning the concept of size of things in relation to other things, but I just hope she doesn't insult anyone. She tells daddy & I all the time that we are too big as she tries to put her clothes/shoes/etc. on us. This was preceded by a book that referenced size.
Another new favorite saying is "Wow!" said all long and dragged out as she looks at something interesting. She has started saying wow to a lot of things. She got this from mom I believe.
"That's/It's too scary" is another new saying she says a lot. I know we just read a book quite a bit last week called I'm Not Scared and that is what I imagine helped solidify that concept. Although she has really learned what being scared means. For the longest time the only thing she was scared of was spider webs, not the spiders themselves, just the webs. And all toddlers are afraid of strangers to some extent. But yesterday we were looking through the costume bin to pick out clothes for a Halloween party and I put on a Scream mask and she started crying and yelling "No! Mommy! No! Mommy! Take it off! Take it off!" Ok - so I guess she is scared of that. Daddy had some half masks in there that only covered to the mouth and you could see part of the face. She didn't like them, but wasn't terrified like she was of the Scream mask.
I thought for sure I would have to get up to a nightmare in the middle of the night because of that, but I didn't.
We have another busy week with classes and playgroup. Although today we are home for the day and plan to make some cookies together. I got out the Halloween Cookies cutters, so I think she will like making sugar cookies now. It'll be like playing with playdough, except this time we can eat it and cook it.

No comments: