Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Straight River Park

We went to the Straight River Park (our park here) this morning after we had someone come to look at the roof to give is a quote (there is also another guy here as I type is looking at it to give us another quote.) Anyways, we took a bike ride there and played & had a snack. We played on the equipment for a while and then I decided to introduce her to the river, which I had been putting off because I wanted her to enjoy playing on the equipment.

You can watch a short 10-second video of her throwing rocks as well. She had fun when we went by the river. We talked about the different sounds larger & smaller rocks make, how some things float (leaves & some sticks) and some things sink (rocks & some sticks) and we watched the ripples we made. We walked on a trail along the river and she was excited to see an island (the river is really low, so normally you wouldn't see that) and picked a wild flower, walked on some rocks & stomped in some mud (my pants are filthy from her mud.)
It was a good morning. This afternoon she was rather cranky with me as I had to wake her up because she was taking too long of a nap. I had some friends here for a Happy Hour and she was not very friendly towards them.

No comments: