Sunday, March 26, 2006

Back Issues

Ok - we've made it to starting week 33 now. I checked out the link to Pregnancy Week by Week on the sidebar and apparently the baby is supposed to be getting in the head down position this week. I think she was doing it all last night! I had the worst backache last night and no position would get rid of it. I tried sleeping on each side, then back, then back with knees up, and nothing worked. After struggling for several hours to get to sleep and stay asleep I finally had to break down around midnight @ take 2 Tylenol. I really don't like to take anything at all, but I did & it helped. And everytime I got up to go to the bathroom she just felt so low and so heavy (must have been the apple pie I made yesterday, or maybe the rhubarb {frozen} coffeecake muffins I made for breakfast yesterday, or the banana bread I made Friday night {yes, the link is the recipe I used, but with a few modifications, but has to be some of the best banana bread ever!) I guess I have been in baking mode, but I don't think I will today.

Anyways - back to the back issues. So, I was at this conference for the better part of this past week and on the way up to the Cities on Thursday I started getting this awful back pain that resemebled the pain I had when I had Sciatica (which was totally not fun.) I got to my first session, which was my favorite session (the DBT one) and struggled through it. I was NOT going to miss any of this one! After the first session I found some Tylenol to buy and took that, and just like when I had Sciatica, the Tylenol did nothing (Aleve worked wonders for my Sciatica, but can't take that when you are pregnant.) So, I struggled through my 2nd session (which was probably my next fave, Thursday morning had good sessions for me, other sessions weren't as interesting) until I could meet Andy for lunch & move around a bit more. I then called the doctor (out to lunch), but the nurse told me to go lay down for a half hour to try to get the baby to move because her position may be causing the pinching of the nerve. W/O looking too stupid I found some place at the conference to lay down for a half hour before the next session started. Luckily, it's a big hotel with lots of comfy chairs & couches in the bar area. And guess what, she moved and the pain when away. But not last night!

Last night she would move, but it didn't get better. Although I am not convinved it is from her completly. I think it might be a sore back from cleaning & doing laundry. I start to get a really sore back when I mop the kitchen floor (not so much from sweeping or vaccuming, just mopping), so that might have something to do with it. Maybe that means I shouldn't mop anymore during this pregnancy. Hmmmmmm......I don't think daddy would like that. He already doesn't like that he's in charge of trash because he HAS to be in charge of the litter box right now. He was even more helpful the first trimester when I was too sick to do stuff, so he picked up more, did the dishes, etc. But once I started feeling better and was cleaning myself, he stopped helping out.

The only jobs he HAS to do right now are cleaning the litter box & carry in the 5-gallon bottles of water (for the water cooler). Oh, he does have other things he does that I don't ever do, like plowing the driveway (which hopefully doesn't need to be done anymore.) The worst backache I think I got this pregnancy (besides the sciatic stuff the other day) was after I thought it would be a good idea for me to shovel the sidewalk to the dog kennel. I was so sore and exhausted by the end of that. I would have never thought it, but because of the position you are in shoveling you are putting a lot of pressure on that low back and you are bent so that there is even less space for your lungs.

Ok - enough about backaches. Time for some breakfast.

No comments: