Thursday, March 23, 2006

She Totally Kicked Me In the Lung.

So, yesterday I am at this conference and I'm at the afternoon keynote speaker (who is supposed to be motivational, but really wasn't) and she's a very loud woman. I think her loudness scared the baby because I felt this jab, then sharp pain accompanied by a gasp for breath. Ouch! Then the baby decides she wants to leave her foot lodged in there - I don't think so! That hurts. So after applying a little pressure to that spot she moves around and finds a new place to sleep (or try to sleep with the loud woman talking.)

She also hates me wearing a seatbelt for long car rides. Going to work is fine, but once the car ride gets much over 10 minutes long she keep kicking & punching against the seatbelt, no other place, just against the seatbelt. It's not even tight. When I loosen it (so that it is barely providing protection over my lap), she stops, but then it gradually tightens back to by lap/lower abdomen and she starts kicking again. I guess the girl likes her comfort. Like mother, like daughter I guess.

I was hard to sit all day listening to speakers. Each session was 1.5-2 hours long. I got up about halfway through each one to walk around, stretch, and go to the bathroom. And today, I'll go do it again. I was thinking of asking to go to one a month from now, but if I am getting a sore back now (from the awfully uncomforatble chairs & prolonged sitting) and I still have 8 weeks to go, I can't imagine what 4 weeks would feel like on those chairs. Today my first session is on DBT, so I hope I learn something new about working with Borderlines.

No comments: