Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fetus/Baby Hiccups & Tracksy

So, I've been watching how people fnid my blogs through Tracksy. And the most common search that leads them to our baby blog is on hiccups and the baby/fetus.

I know in the beginning when I was noticing the hiccups I did a search too because I was concerned. Was it normal? How often was normal? Why were they hiccuping? Is hiccuping a good thing or a bad thing?

Well, what I found out is that it is normal. Some babies hiccup, some don't, some hiccup often. No frequency seemed to be normal or abnormal in everything I read. Baby girl usually gets the hiccups 2-3 times a day and I haven't really been able to relate it to anything I do. There is no known cause for the baby hiccups and it's neither good nor bad. So, just enjoy the hiccups because it's a chance to feel your precious little one moving inside of you. I also fnid it's a good time to have people feel her moving. Sometimes it feels awkward for people (& me) to have someone sitting there with a hand on your belly waiting for her to move (and of course she seems to know that they are waiting for her to move and she won't do it - but the moment they remove their hand she'll kick) and with hiccups they can feel some movement right away when you start feeling that rhythmic beating.

No comments: