Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Third Trimester (All the Changes)

Ok - here is a "real" belly shot. I must be getting brave to actually put a picture of my belly out for all to see. Although, honestly, I was thinking about how with all the changes that happen to your body while you are pregnant and all the exams (which will now only increase more for me), you just can't be modest anymore.

In the picture you can see my Linea Nigra, which is supposed to run from your belly button to your public hairline, but on me it runs up too. Not sure about that. When I was at my parents' house a 3 weeks ago, my mom wanted to check out my belly and commented that I got it too, not sure if she was referring to the line moving up & down or just having the line. Oh well. It's supposed to go away after delivery. An apparently (if you look at the picture) my line doesn't run exactly straight, not sure what is normal. But I don't really care either.

Baby girl has been moving A LOT today. I think she's trying to make more room in there.

So, the heartburn continues to get worse. Oh joy. But lately the thing that has bee annoying is my sleeping. For over the last 2 weeks I have woke up before my alarm clock. Usually it's only 30-45 minutes early, but today I got up to pee @ 3am and couldn't get back to sleep. Bah! So, I surfed the itnernet, then took a bath, then watched a Tivo'ed baby show and finally fell asleep on the couch @ 6am and stayed that way until 8:30am.

Back aches have become more frequent, & shortness of breath has been kicking in. I really noticed the difference in my breath when I was at the Meditation Center today, I just can't do the diaphramatic breathing I did before - it's all shallow breathing now. Braxton-Hicks contractions are picking up, although I notice them more in the evening.

I noticed some colustrum dried up in my bra one day about a week ago, but none since then.

No swelling yet, but that will probably come in a few weeks. For some reason, my constipation has been better the last week, but I am sure that will come back again. I keep thinking I am seeing the beginnings of stretch marks, but then the next day it's gone. So far the only stretch marks on my body are the ones I got as a teenager going through puberty.

For most of the pregnancy, I believe I have been relatively emotionally stable. But the last couple of days I must have gotten a hormone surge as my body temperature feels warmer, I feel more irritable, and today on the way back from the center there was a sappy love song on the radio and I just cried. I felt awfully silly crying, because I was not sad. I was happy & grateful. And I just couldn't stop the crying until the song was over. I probably should have just changed the channel.

Oh - and the frequent urination has become more urgent at times. Before I was able to know I had to go pee and get there in 10-15 minutes. Now it getting to the point where I have to go NOW!! I've had some leg cramps a few times, but it goes away when I point my toes.

I haven't had an itchy belly lately, but I think that is because I have been using lotion again. It was itchy before and once I put lotion on my stomach it felt better, so now I just keep it lubed up. No hemorroids yet, hopefully this phyical change misses me. I got extra belly hair, it's only fair that I am spared the hemorroids. I have not noticed any changes in skin pigmentation, but fatigue has increased. Any changes I missed?

2 comments:

Sasha@Pw said...

Linea Nigra? I can't see it! NO honestly, some pictures I"ve seen and it's been super dark but this is hardly a line! :)

Lame Shrill Owl said...

well, it's there, even though it's faint. I guess it's supposed to be a faint line, but in some women it's darker, and I guess for some woman it extends up as well.