Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Yummy Mummy & Other Baby Shows

You know there are lots of baby shows out there on tv, especially Discovery Health Channel. Some can be scary to watch, like Babies: Special Delivery. Some I have no interest in, like Runway Moms or Baby, Baby (neither is directed towards my target market.) I like watching Birth Day occasionally, it depends what the episode is about. And I haven't really had a chance to watch House of Babies. I am sure there are others out there I havn't checked out either.

I've Tivo'ed a few episodes of Yummy Mummy and I kinda like it. It is certainly very cheesy with it's cartoon background, but the information presented is current, up-to-date, and what young "hip" moms want to know. It really does feel like it's target audience is for the woman in her mid 20's - mid 30's, who is a mom, especially the working mom. Today the show was about teaching your baby sign language before they speak, which is something that interests me, as well as buying a properly fitted bra, handling tantrums, & keepin romance in your marriage after you have kids. Plus the show is only a half hour long, so with zipping through the commercials, it's easy to fit the 20 minutes of show in. In the Midwest it airs @ 11am & 2pm.

1 comment:

Mom of Two said...

I have totally been enjoying Yummy Mummy. It now is Tivo'ed daily.